Worship Director, Part-Time
Emmanuel Community Church
Port Perry, ON
Emmanuel Church is seeking someone to lead our worship ministry. We are seeking a worship director
who brings a passion for the Lord and proven ministry skill in both leading others in worship, and
mentoring a team of volunteers.
Port Perry is located on beautiful Lake Scugog (north of Oshawa). Our vision is to be a people who are
reaching up to God and out to our community. Emmanuel has vibrant missions and youth outreach, and
a deep love for people.
• A proven heart for God and people.
• Gifts of leadership, teaching and administration and a willingness to develop those gifts.
• Ability to play one or more instruments with excellence.
• Ability to develop a thoughtful and relevant worship ministry
• Knowledge of the Planning Centre, Garage Band and soundboard would be an asset.
• Able to embrace our statement of faith (https://paoc.org/docs/default-source/paoc-family-docs/what-we-believe/statement-of-fundamental-and-essential-truths.pdf?sfvrsn=6)
• Philosophically in agreement with the Terms of Reference developed by Emmanuel for worship
(available from the church office)
B. ROLE SUMMARY
• Provide leadership and vision to the worship department including leading worship, mentoring
musicians, coaching technicians and scheduling on Planning Centre.
• Partner with musicians, vocalists and technicians in the nurture and development of their
• Salary is based on ten hours per week
C. APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 1, 2017 (for a January 2018 start)
Enquiries and resumes to email@example.com.